Starting as a small local carrier in 1923, ABF Freight is now one of North America’s largest motor carriers. ABF provides service to all 50 states, 9 Canadian providences as well as Guam and Puerto Rico. ABF Freight specializes in LTL transportation, and continues to expand it’s supply chain solutions for businesses large and small.
Brad Cody, Plant Manager
300 North Iron Ave. Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-827-1873 | Fax: 660-827-5304
In 1978, Advantage Metal Recycling, formerly American Compressed Steel, Inc. expanded into Sedalia to specialize in the recycling needs of various industrial manufacturing companies and the general public. With a large fleet of tractor trailers and containers, AMR provides exceptional service covering Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas.
AMR Sedalia has 17 teammates and is located at 300 North Iron Avenue. AMR specializes in scrap recycling services for households, tradesmen and businesses, and buys ferrous scrap as well as common household nonferrous scrap metal items like aluminum cans and other aluminum, stainless steel, copper and brass products.
Advantage Metals Recycling takes extraordinary measures to ensure the safety and health of all teammates, while embracing environmentally sound practices. At AMR, safety is the #1 core value. Their comprehensive safety process includes ongoing training and procedures to ensure the safety of all teammates, customers, and suppliers.
AMR Sedalia is proud to support local organizations including schools and scholarships, as well as the Sedalia Fire Department for emergency response training. AMR provides automobiles and space for Jaws of Life training so firefighters can develop the techniques and expertise needed to save lives in the community.
Advantage Metals Recycling acquired the former American Compressed Steel business and assets in 2008. AMR is wholly owned by The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ). Founded in 1885, DJJ is one of the largest scrap brokers/processors in the United States providing scrap brokerage, recycling and transportation services. DJJ is part of Nucor Corporation’s family of companies. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Nucor is the leading purchaser of ferrous scrap and the largest recycler in North America, with operating facilities primarily in the U.S. and Canada.
Nucor is building a rebar micro-mill here in Sedalia, and plans call for operations to commence by the fourth quarter, 2019. The mill is being designed to produce more than 350,000 tons of straight rebar products in sizes, grades and custom lengths to fulfill the most demanding construction applications.
Jeff Strange, Owner
215 East Main Street, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Al’s Portable Welding located to Sedalia in 1975. They began by working with farmers and a few factories. Former owner Al Strange, found many of the area companies did not have a need for a full division of welders but needed welding of their products on individual pieces and quality work. Today Al’s Portable Welding works with area manufacturers Septagon, Edward’s Fiberglass, Waterloo Manufacturing and Advantage Metals to name a few.
Jeff and his 5 employees provide welding services for area manufacturers and various types of companies.
Kevin Berkbigler, Owner
1900 Rissler Road
Sedalia, MO, 65301
Wayne Lamb is Owner/President of Sedalia Steel Supply which began in Sedalia in 1976.They also have a sister plant in Camdenton Missouri called Camdenton Steel Supply Inc.
The company is a distributor of steel. They are a steel service center that distributes all types of steel product and provides customer processing.
Sedalia Steel Supply has just recently added on to their building and nw occupy a 100,00 square foot building.
Sales have increased every since the creation of Sedalia Steel Supply.
Sedalia Steel Supply’s Mission Statement states, “That is our goal to provide the highest quality products at a fair price in a timely manner. And at the same time, provide a safe and secure working place for our employees.” “Service without Excuses!”
The company is located at 1900 Rissler Road, east 50 Highway Sedalia, Missouri and has approximately 40 employees.
Tim Padgett, Owner
1511 N Ohio, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-851-0907 | Fax: 660-851-0207
In 2008, owner Tim Padgett opened Black Dawn Armory. In February, 2010 Tim moved the business to their current facility at the corner of Broadway and Marshall Street in Sedalia.
Black Dawn manufactures its own brand of semi-automatic rifles, “Black Dawn AR-15”, here in Sedalia.They specialize as a Full Line Gun Shop and provider of tactical clothing and accessories. Black Dawn prides itself on quality manufacturing, great customer service, and excellent selection and knowledgeable staff. They and their staff of 7 employees are working to expand their operations to add training and an indoor range, classrooms, safety classes and firearm safety all for children and adults.
Black Dawn is proud to be a part of Sedalia and Pettis County.
Jeremy Rupe, Plant Manager
200 Randall Road, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Herb Hawthorne started the company in the state of Texas in 1947. The company was changed to Hughes Tool Company and later to Sandvik Rock Tools, John Coleman and Tom Maechler purchased the Blue Demon line from Sandvik Rock in 1992 and the company was moved from Virginia to North Georgia where the administrative department is located today.
Blue Demon is primarily engaged in manufacturing of blades & rotary drag bits for water well, seismic, shallow oil and gas and construction applications, auger bits for vertical and horizontal drilling, and directional pilot bits and reamers for horizontal boring.
The products are precision made to order and are made of extremely durable materials. The assemblies and blades are easy to change.
Blue Demon has an extremely unique product and their years of experience have created many satisfied customers in the drilling industry. Their customer base is world-wide.
Today the Blue Demon manufacturing plant is located at 200 Randall Road and has 14 employees.
Adam Braverman, Manager
24732 Randall Road, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660- 826-3232
CED/The Capstone Precision Group was founded by Namma Group in 20017. Capstone produces Berger Bullets in their Mesa, Arizona facility, and imports Lapua ammunition and reloading components, Vihtavuori smokeless powder, and Lapua and SK rimfire ammunition into the United States. These brands are widely recognized as the premium offering in rifle ammunition and reloading components, and have long and respected histories within the sport shooting industry.
Berger Bullets was founded by Walt Berger in 1955. Lapua established its cartridge factory in 1923, and has production facilities in both Finland and Germany. Vihtavuori Powder, also from Finland, has been making premium propellants for almost 100 years. SK has been in operation in Germany since 1829.
Nammo Group is an international aerospace and defense company headquartered in Norway. With 2400 employees in more than 30 sites and offices in 14 countries, it is one of the world’s leading providers of ammunition and rocket motors for both military and civilian customers.
The Capstone Precision Group has two main facilities – Berger Bullets in Arizona, and the Capstone Logistic Center near Sedalia, Missouri. The Logistic Center occupies the renovated Alcolac (Rhone-Poulenc) facility on Randall Road and currently employs 15 people.
Ethan Henson, Manager
310 Thompson Road, Sedalia, MO, 65301
CED/Philips & Company, Inc. began operations in Sedalia in 1963, as American Electric. In 1984 their name was changed to Philips & Company, and in 1994 they became part of Consolidated Electrical Distributors. Consolidated Electrical Distributors is a privately owned, wholesale electrical distribution company, headquartered in Irvin, Texas.
CED/Philips & Company represents nationally known company such as Square D, 3M, Cooper Industries, Crouse Hinds, Bussman, GE Lamps & Lighting, General Cable and many more.
CED/Philips & Company is located at 310 Thompson Road in an 8600 square foot facility and currently has 8 employees.
CED/Phillips & Company is a service-oriented electrical distributor located in Sedalia, MO. Phillips & Co. is committed to excelling beyond the service expectations of our customers. Our staff has over 290 years of combined experience in the industry. Our company is the premier electrical distributor is the Central Missouri area.
The Center for Human Services began as the “Crippled Children’s Center” in 1955. The Center is comprised of multiple corporations including the Children’s Therapy Center, the Cooperative Workshops(CWI), and several HUD housing boards. The Center provides services in 30 counties in Central Missouri serving over 2000 children and adults with disabilities each year.
Family and Child Development services focus on the delivery of early intervention and prevention programs including Early Head Star and Missouri First Steps. The Cooperative Workshop was the first chartered Sheltered Workshop in the state, starting in 1966. Today over 240 people receive vocational training/employment.
The Center for Human Services is accredited by the Commision for Accreditation of Rehabiliation Facilities(CARF); and certified by the National Industries for People with Severe Disabilities (NISH).
Paul Beykirch, CEO
Joe Beykirch, Sales Manager
1800 Eagleview Drive, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-829-1800 | Fax: 660-826-8257
In the early 1900’s, the first Anheuser-Busch distributor opened in Sedalia as part of a grocery distributor. The distributorship changed ownership several times as it endured prohibition, the Great Depression and three wars.
Robert “Bob” Beykirch established County Distributing, in 1957, buying the rights to distribute Anheuser-Busch products from Stevens Distributing, which was located just south of the Katy Depot. During that year, Schlitz was the national market share leader! How times have changed! With just two trucks, two drivers and Bob Beykirch, the projected sales for that year were 60,000 cases of beer – a far cry from that distributed today. They have grown from 14 items to over 175 malt beverage brands sourced from 9 brewer suppliers. Those suppliers range from Anheuser-Busch to O’Fallon, Tallgrass, Deschutes, Weston, Green Flash and several other Craft Brewers.
The Employees of County Distributing bring value to beer drinkers by
- ensuring fresh product at retail
- providing a way for small brewers to market their beers
- sponsoring and promoting special events and occassions
- offering full beverage management and merchandising services for Grocers, Convenience Stores, Liquor Stores and Restaurants in 5 surrounding counties.
Now in its fifth location at 1800 Eagleview Drive, the 48,500 square foot facility is 97% larger than that of the first facility. It features a cooled 20,000 square foot area which is designed to keep their beers “brewery fresh.” Sedalia is also the administrative “hub” for the other operations.
Owners, Paul and Joe Beykirch, are active in the family business and have been involved in the community with many organizations, was a tenet of “service to others” which their father held dear. County Distributing is the only locally owned beer distributor in Sedalia and employs 45 people.
They have additional distributorships in West Plains, Missouri and Pittsburg, Kansas. The sons of the founder are active in each location.
Culligan Water Conditioning located to Sedalia in 1976. Michael Smith and his family purchased the dealership in 1999.
The Company is a distributor, sales and service provider of commercial, industrial, and household water conditioning equipment for West Central Missouri.
In June of this year, Culligan Water Conditioning purchased Quicksilver Water Company of Sedalia. The acquisition has resulted in the only full service water treatment and bottled water company in West Central Missouri. The merger of these 2 locally owned water companies brought together over 160 years of combined experience in water treatment and bottled water distribution expertise. Michael and his family are proud to have kept all of the Quicksilver Water team on board as the company moves forward. Today the Culligan Water Conditioning distribution center is located at 1220 West Main Street in Sedalia and has 13 employees.
Christian Asel, Plant Manager
131 Harding Ave, Sedalia, Mo, 65301
DeLong’s, Inc. is a dedicated team of steel fabrication professionals, technicians and skilled craftsmen all working together to provide its customers with the best product available. As a proud member of the American Institution of Steel Construction “AISC,” DeLong’s strives to earn their customers trust by providing superior quality and performance every time. During the history of the company, they have produced many different products, including steel doors and hardware for commercial markets and custom fabricated stainless-steel clips for the meat packing industry.
Today, DeLong’s continues to produce a wide variety of products. Their expertise spans from structural steel for plate girder bridges, beam bridges, and industrial and commercial buildings to handrail, mailboxes, and beams for private individuals.
Their business strategy is to provide steel plus risk reduction, and they are proud they have been able to successfully execute this strategy since they were founded by F. Joe & B. J. DeLong in 1944.
In 1963, DeLong’s, Inc. began operations in Sedalia as a manufacturer of steel joists and joist girders. Today the Sedalia plant produces over 3,700 tons of structural steel annually for the highway industry including bridge beams and miscellaneous bridge parts. They specialize in bridges, producing over 60 bridges per year in a market area of 25+ states.
The company employs 30 team members at their Sedalia facility. Their highly qualified team members enable them to design and build some of the highest quality products in the bridge industry. DeLong’s serves a nationwide market with its many steel products.
Sam Ditzfeld, Vice President
Steve Ditzfeld, Vice President
303 Curry Drive/PO Box 31, Sedalia, MO, 65302-0031
Phone: 660-826-2992 | Fax: 660-826-2998
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ditzfeldtransfer.com
Ditzfeld Transfer, Inc. was founded by John and Bernice Ditzfeld in 1960 with two straight trucks performing local tasks for customers and LTL carriers in the Sedalia area. In 1968 the company purchased it’s first tractor trailer rig. Shortly after that, the second generation of the Ditzfeld Family, Ron and Donnie, joined the company.
The family continued to build their trucking operation over the next 30 years, growing the company to over 30 OTR rigs. The warehousing division was formed in 1997 and now has over a million sq. ft. in facility space. Ditzfeld Transfer has grown into one of the Midwest’s leading transporation, warehouse, and distribution service providers. Today they travel to all 48 continental states and Canada.
The third generation of the family (Ron’s sons, Steve and Sam) are an integral part of Ditzfeld Transfer, Inc. Steve manages the warehousing operation, while Sam manages the transportation divisions more than 50 power units and 160 trailers.
Honesty, high-quality dependable service, and the strength of family traditions has been the cornerstone of Ditzfeld Transfer, Inc. since the company’s founding. Ditzfeld Transfer is proud to have just received the honor of being named “2010 Vendor of the Year” by Duke Manufacturing.
Don Weaver, Owner
4735 South Limit, Sedalia, MO, 65302-0031
Phone: 660-827-2970 | Fax: 660-826-2998
Don’s Truck Towing & Truck Wash. Inc. specializes in heavy duty towing & recovery. It currently employs a staff of 20.
Don’s was founded by Don A. Weaver in 1977, getting his start washing tractor-trailer trucks and steaming engines on a concrete pad behind Trans Central Suppliers, a truck repair facility, located on South Limit Avenue in Sedalia.
In 1980 Don’s wife Cindy joined the company as bookkeeper and manages the office. They purchased 17 acres and built their first shop building and started offering a body & repair service for large trucks, By 1984, they had 3 shops: the body shop, a truck wash shop and a mechanic shop.
In 1992 Don started the Commercial Drivers License Training program, he also added golf carts and aluminum trailer sales.
In 2007, Don opened a satellite wrecker shop in Saline County at Marshall Junction, Mo where he operates a 50 ton rotator wrecker and a flatbed wrecker.
On May 25, 2011, a tornado leveled Don’s shops in Sedalia. With the help of Linda Christle and the expansion of the Enterprise Zone on South Limit Avenue, Don was able to rebuild his business with a new 20,000 square foot shop with 4000 square feet of office space.
Don’s Truck Towing and Truck Wash now now operates the truck wash, 10 wreckers, 4 of which are heavy-duty, 2 tractor and machinery trailers, along with sales and service of golf carts and trailers, and Commercial Drivers License training, all with the help of his 2 sons Don F. (Frosty) and Rob Weaver.
Don and Cindy agree that their employees are their greatest asset, some of which have been with the company for over 20 years. Their drivers have been to Rescue and Recovery training and have the experience to handle any situation, giving Don’s their slogan, “We Can Hand It”.
Duke Manufacturing Company was founded in 1925 by Marsh P. Duke at the age of 44 to produce commercial food service equipment. The original building measured twenty feet by ninety feet and was located at First and Elm Streets in St. Louis, almost the exact site on which the magnificent Gateway Arch now stands. Since then, the steady growth in sales volume has been matched by a building program which today includes two manufacturing facilities which are located in St. Louis and Sedalia, Missouri.
Duke came to Sedalia in 1970. They built the original plant at 3509 West Main and began with 23 employees. In 2004 Duke invested again in Sedalia when the company was relocated to the 500,000 sq. ft. facility at 601 Duke Drive.
The company manufactures many different product lines of food service and food preparation equipment. These product lines include such items as stainless steel tables, salad bar, hot food buffet-style units and convenience store cabinetry and equipment. The commercial food service industry plays a tremendous role in the country’s economy and Duke Manufacturing plays an important role in supporting the industry.
Starting in Sedalia, MO in 1977, Edwards Fiberglass offers a wide range of storage tanks, including custom tanks for the proper and safe storage of food, water, pharmaceutical materials, gasoline, and corrosive chemicals. These tanks are manufactured to universally accepted standards for storage tank construction, including certification for underground gasoline storage tanks.
With sizes ranging from 25 to 40,000 gallons, the resins used in fabrication are lab-tested and are selected based on storage usage provided by the customer. The tanks are also used for specialized processes and government projects as well as manufactured and supplied for business, industry and for personal use.
The mission of Edwards Fiberglass is to provide product integrity, quality control, competitive pricing and service availability.
Edwards Fiberglass currently and 50 employees.
Edwards FRP Tank & Repair, Inc., was established in 2000 by Robert L. Edwards. “Bob” has worked in the fiberglass industry since 1964. Edwards FP Tank & Repair, Inc., manufactures fiberglass industrial chemical tanks and completes field inspections and repairs of fiberglass tanks. This company provides fiberglass tanks to companies nationwide for the storage of water, chemicals, food products, pharmaceutical, specialized processes, and government projects. Product integrity, quality control, appearance, availability, and competitive pricing are some of the goals that Edwards FRP sets for itself in this industry. Edwards FRP Tank & Repair, Inc., also does field repair and inspections all over the United States. When needed, crews will travel to any location to serve its customers. It is a fully insured company, capable of completing any size project. The company’s professional field inspection and repair crews assist in the maintenance and upkeep of any customer’s fiberglass products by providing tank relining, tank fracture and crack repair, new fitting and flanged nozzle additions, baffle repair, insulation, and heat tracing.
The company has 22 employees and is located at 31197 Wingate Road, in its new 100′ x 160′ building with 2000 square feet of office space, and a second building that is 7200 square feet for additional production.
Tony Wesselman, Manager
2300 Clinton Road, Sedalia, MO, 65301
In 1955, Jack and Arnold Fischer started the family-owned business, Fischer’s Concrete, in Sedalia, its corporate headquarters. Their goal was to deliver the highest-quality concrete. that is still the Fischer Concrete LLC goal today. In the beginning, Fischer’s primarily served agricultural, commercial and residential markets around Sedalia. As the area industrial base developed, so did Fischer’s Growth in that sector.
In 2012 Fischer Concrete LLC purchased Fischer Concrete, choosing to retain the name. Today Fischer’s Concrete LLC includes 8 plants, 60 trucks and 65 dedicated employees that are the backbone of Fischer Concrete’s success. Fischer Concrete uses the latest technology to manufacture and deliver quality ready-mix concrete and aggregate. They offer design mixes for any industrial or commercial construction project. Their experience, expertise, quality and dedication to the customer and to their employees has earned Fischer’s a reputation for integrity and service.
Chris Bell, Plant Manager
305 N. State Fair Blvd., Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-826-8341 | Fax: 660-827-7772
The Gardner-Denver Machinery, Inc. Sedalia plant specializes in rotary screw air compressors and blowers ranging from 7 1/2 horsepower to 500 horsepower. Initial employment the first year reached 100, and currently there are approximately 207 employees in the Sedalia plant.
Steve Moore, Sales & Facility Manager
813 W 16th, Sedalia, MO, 65301
In 1919 R. C. Woods, Sciota Hunter and H. E. Hunter of Sedalia opened Sedalia Coca-Cola Bottling Company, a distributor of carbonated and non-carbonated beverages. Today, Sedalia Coca-Cola Distributors handles the bottling and distribution of carbonated and non-carbonated Coca-Cola products in the Sedalia, MO area.
Todd & Candy Hudson, Owner
5897 S. Limit, Sedalia, Mo, 65301
Located in Sedalia and founded in 2003, Heritage Fabrication owners Todd and Candy Hudson have built a solid reputation for high quality machining and fabrication for the construction, railroad, and air compressor industries.
Heritage Fabrication manufactures tight tolerance parts that exceed expectations along with competitive pricing. They are committed to precision machining with their machine shop quality that overflows into their fabrication department.
Committed to friendly and efficient customer service, the company prides itself in their ability to handle large or small projects from start to finish. They work with zinc plating and galvanizing vendors to provide a one-stop-shop for all of your steel, stainless steel, aluminum and plastic needs. They have recently added a powder coating batch system to their capability list.
Heritage Fabrication takes pride in the quality service they provide to their customers. Todd and Candy are very proud to have Gardner-Denver as one of their largest customers.
Heritage Fabrication has 16 employees.
Blake Price, Manager
1100 S Harding, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-826-5858 | Fax: 660-826-8064
Ideal Tool Mfg. has been located in Sedalia since 1993. Ideal Tool has a large roster of Milling, Lathing, and Grinding equipment suitable for various tool-making tasksIdeal Tool & Mfg. Company began operations in Sedalia in 1993 and is located at 1100 South Harding Avenue.
Ideal Tool is a ISO-9001:2000 precision machine shop specializing in Tooling fabrication, Fixtures, CNC production runs as well as Wire EDM and Welding needs for the manufacturing industries in the area.
Ideal Tool & Mfg. currently has 20 employees at their 21,000 square foot facility at 1100 South Harding Avenue.
David & Julie Goodson, Owners
22705 N. Highway 65, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-829-4800 | Fax: 660-826-4171
In the late 90’s, Julie and David Goodson began working part time in their garage at home as “Stickerboy Sign Company” – making banners & aluminum signs.
A few years later – customer needs began to grow beyond “stickers & banners”. They changed their name to “Impact Signs Awnings Wraps” – and moved to a building near downtown Sedalia. Impact was becoming a full service sign provider. Over the years – they have steadily grown. They were able to see & better understand the value of signs.
On September 14th, 2006 Impact Signs Awnings Wraps, located at 3rd & Marvin received Enhanced Enterprise Zone tax incentives from Pettis County and from the state of Missouri to begin construction in Sedalia of a new facility at 22705 North 65 Highway.
In September 2009 Impact opened the doors to their latest expansion to house their new vehicle wrap and printed signs division.
In 2012, they opened their doors to a 2nd Impact location in Columbia MO. This created a greater demand for more custom signage – all manufactured at the Sedalia headquarters.
In April 2014 they announced another expansion, to add valuable manufacturing space. This latest addition included a new state of the art paint booth allowing them to paint larger signs – while giving all manufactured signs a perfect finish.
Impact has long surpassed their original prospectus – With a staff of highly trained & experienced sign professionals – Impact can offer in house design, fabrication, and installation of any sign. They have become a regional leader in the sign industry – offering local & nationwide service. David and Julie never forget where they started and are proud to truly be your “Hometown”, FULL service sign company.
Jace Finkenbine, Branch Manager
225 S. Kentucky Ave, Sedalia, Mo, 65301
Phone: 660- 826-7410
Independent Electric Machinery Company began in 1908 as a two-man business in Kansas City, Missouri.
In World War II, Independent Electric manufactured electric motors for the United States Navy and performed high priority work for the defense industries.
In 1985 the company began expanding to surrounding cities in the mid-west.
Currently, Independent Electric has 7 locations. They sell, service and repair electric motors from fractional to 6000 horse power, locomotive drive motors, generators, hoists, transformers, welders, and electrical distribution equipment. They offer predictive maintenance programs, electronic repair and inspection services to customers.
They began their business at 225 South Kentucky Avenue, Sedalia in 1998 and have 6 employees.
In 1933, Guy Snyder traveled to small, one-room schoolhouses in Southern Missouri to photograph the children. He founded Inter-State Studio—now North America’s largest family-owned school photography, planner, and yearbook publishing company, still owned by the Snyder family.
The product line of Inter-State Studio has expanded from the original one strip of black-and-white pictures to a wide selection of color packages, sports photography, yearbooks, and many other items for students. Among these items are record pictures, student identification cards, educational support materials, and related products for schools.
Inter-State offers a professional portrait line to undergraduates, seniors, families, sports, and organizations. The company also produces photo books, personal calendars, and 4-color commercial printing from an in-house lithography facility. Another Inter-State Company, Convertible Solutions LLC, markets a pre-converted paper line for digital printing.
Inter-State has multiple sales divisions and operates on a national basis. Orders are received for processing at the corporate headquarters office located at 3500 Snyder Avenue, Sedalia.
Inter-State Studio employs nation-wide over 1400 employees.
Inter-State is a major contributor to the Sedalia economy.
Ben Jackson, Owner
1307 W. Main St., Sedalia, MO, 65301
Serving Central Missouri, Jackson’s Relocation Services is the company that area residents have come to trust and depend on for all their moving needs. Whether you are moving around the corner or across the country, our experienced personnel will provide you with the same quality service.
Purchased in December of 2000, Jackson’s Relocation Services has grown from a very small company doing local moving to its current status as a quality coast to coast mover. At the time of purchase Jackson’s Relocation had three box trucks and a building of 7,000 sq. ft., which doubled as an office and warehouse. We are a family owned agency and have operated with our motto that none of our valued customers will be treated as just a number.
Through this dedicated customer service we have increased our fleet of trucks, to six tractor trailers, as well as two new box trucks and a 2006 pack truck. We now provide coast to coast relocations as well as Canadian deliveries. In 2008 we built a state of the art 12,000 sq. ft. warehouse and built a second warehouse in 2010. Both warehouses have 24 hour security monitored by a Central Dispatch. We built our company through quality work, integrity, and personalized service. When you call us you will talk to one of our experienced staff, not a machine.
As a family owned agency this allows us to continue providing the personalized service that has allowed us to expand our operations over the years. You can expect to have contact with at least one member of our family during your free on-site appointment to help you understand all aspects of your move as well as gathering information to accurately estimate the costs of your move. Many times we are able to handle your move from start to finish.
As a member of the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA), Jackson’s Relocation has attained the status of a Pro Mover. In the last two years we have earned the Atlas Van Lines Quality Commitment Award and also the Superior Packing Award.
Chip Jackson, the owner, is retired from the Air Force which puts us in the unique position (as an Air force family) to know how stressful moves can be. We will take care of your moving logistics so you can concentrate on all the other issues that we know need to be done during your relocation. Our website contains many links to areas containing tips and answers for all aspects of your move.
Jake first realized his passion for woodworking in high school shop class at Smithton. He later developed his skill while working for another cabinet shop in the Lake of the Ozarks area.
Woodworking was not Jake’s only passion in life. Jake was also pursuing a career to be a professional soccer player but that was not working out as planned.
So finally, in March of 2003, at the age of 21, Jake decided that he would rather take on a bunch of debt, overwhelming stress, and an 80 hour work week…. He turned his hobby into a thriving business and has never looked back.
Since then, Jake has worked hard to grow the company into what it is now. He started out in a 2,400 square foot building with 1 employee; himself. Jake has expanded multiple times and now has a 25,000 square foot facility with 20 full time employees.
Jake and his crew are well known in the area as master craftsmen. They specialize in fine custom cabinetry for residential and commercial projects.
They primarily build kitchen and bathroom cabinets but they have also built countless specialty projects such as mantles, entertainment centers, offices, custom carvings and much more.
Jake’s work has been recognized nationally multiple times and has been featured in several design magazines.
Annie Hayley, Division Manager
1578 Boonville Road, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-826-2335 | Fax: 660-827-6414
At the James H. Drew Company, traffic safety systems form the basis of their business. The company traces its beginnings back to 1932, when James H. Drew established the company installing and maintaining overhead electrical systems used by streetcar transit systems.
In 1950 the James H. Drew Company expanded to Sedalia. The Drew name is an industry leader in specialty construction of highway safety systems. Much of the company’s growth occurred in this decade. Since 1996, the Drew Corporation has grown to exceed $30 million in revenues. Each year the company installs approximately 150 miles of guardrail, 120 traffic signals, and 200,000 sq. ft. of signage, among other things.
The James H. Drew Company provides the highest quality and gives their customers products fit for purpose, installed on time.
Key Hydraulics & Repair Company started in Sedalia in 1991.
The company was purchased by long time employee Marty Petree and his wife Kristy in 2006, and changed to Key Hydraulics Company, LLC.
Key Hydraulics handles sales and service for most hydraulic components, as wells truck and hay handling equipment including beds and hoists. They also sell and service snowplows and salt spreaders. in 2008 they began selling Doolittle trailers, as well as offering trailer parts and repair.
A few of the manufacturers represented are Parkhurst, Shurlok, Bramco, Besler, Deweze, Cannonball, Fenner, Boss and Snoway.
Today the company is located at 4410 South Limit Avenue in Sedalia and has 6 employees.
Bart & Bradley Brackman, Owners
19601 N Highway 127, La Monte, MO 65337
Phone: 660-829-1333 | Fax: 660-829-0232
LAG Industries LLC, is a family owned and operated custom metal fabrication company based in LaMonte Missouri. LAG was formed in January of 2016 and is partnership between Bart & Brenda Brackman and Bradley & Nicole Brackman. LAG stands for (Lane, August, Gracie) whom are Bradley and Nicole’s children. Bart and Bradley have both been involved in raising cattle of their own for many years giving them a good working knowledge of the equipment that we will be building and selling.
LAG is currently manufacturing continuous fence panels, portable panels, gates, feed bunks and cradle style hay feeders. We are also manufacturing livestock equipment as in alleyways, tubs, chutes, calving pens along with creep pins. all products are built from quality, #1 steel. The livestock equipment does not just stop with cattle either – LAG can build equipment for sheep, goats, horses and all other types of animal. We manufacture everything that we sell. There is a lot of time and dedication that goes into each product before being sent out to our customers. In addition to the livestock equipment LAG also custom makes smokers, grills, fire pits, and anything else you might need for the farm or home.
Dan Nowlin, Plant Manager
2900 Rissler Road, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-827-4487 | Fax: 660-827-6182
LoadKing’s headquarters are located in Thompson Meadows Industrial Park. Throughout the years, LoadKing has grown, and has two locations in Sedalia (2900 Rissler Road & 5105 Pelham Drive). Today, LoadKing manufactures a complete line of dump truck beds for Custom Truck One Source as well as many other steel and aluminum truck beds and accessory products.
James Marcum, Owner
21524 W. Main, Sedalia, Mo, 65301
Marcum Hauling started east of Sedalia, Missouri in 1973.
They moved to their present location at 21524 Main Street Road in 1983. Marcum’s provide road and construction trucking services to contractors all over the state.
Marcum Hauling has 16 trucks with 20 employees. They haul around 300,000 tons of Rock, Asphalt, and sand annually.
In 2005, after the tornado destroyed the existing 4000 square foot facility, Marcum’s constructed a new facility at the same location and added an additional 4000 square foot for warehousing and repair.
Mike Mills, Owner
1000 W. Main Street, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-886-8159 | Fax: 660-886-4008
After almost 20 years in business, Marshall Electrical Contracting is a professional and family owned/operated business that performs all facets of electrical work, and specializes in industrial and medical/hospital facilities. Marshall Electrical Contracting also works in the commercial and industrial markets, and is adept at either conventionally engineered or Design/Build projects. Owner Mike Mills, has 30 years of experience in the Electrical Contracting business, in addition to 7 years as Engineering Manager for Kraft Foods and Rose Acre Farms.
Marshall Electrical Contracting employs journeyman electricians that have completed the 4-year Bureau of Apprenticeship training program.
Scott Woolery, Plant Manager
3610 W. Main Street | Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-827-3640 | Fax: 660-827-6746
On February 3, 2012 Brazil-based Iochpe-Maxion S.A. announced the acquisition of Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc. The combined manufacturing operations created a global wheels business with 20 manufacturing locations in 12 countries. The acquisition put Maxion Wheels in an excellent position to offer technologically-advanced products and outstanding service to all of the global customers and to meet their needs in every major geographic region for the future.
As the largest Tier I supplier of automotive and commercial highway wheels in the world, Maxion serves all major Original Equipment Manufacturers worldwide and performs all of the design, engineering, manufacturing and quality processes for its products.
Hayes Lemmerz opened its Sedalia operations in 1978. Its 680,000 square foot facility is located on a 124 acre site. Lauded as one of the world’s most modern wheel manufacturing plants, Maxion Sedalia plants’ 300 employees manufacture approximately six to seven million steel wheels annually for General Motors, Ford, Chrysler and Nissan. The plant was recently awarded the Ford Q1 and the Nissan Quality Awards.
Barry Smith, President
1021 S. Ohio, Sedalia, Mo, 65301
Midland Printing, located at 1021 South Ohio, began their operations in Sedalia in 1973.
Midland Printing is a commercial printing company, that also carries a full line of janitorial and disposable paper products and office supplies.
Midland Printing currently has 3 employees.
Dennis Brown, President
200 Industrial Drive, Windsor, MO, 65360
Phone: 660-647-3167 | Fax: 660-647-5580
Midwest Metalcraft is one of the Midwest’s premiere Manufacturers. Whether producing their own food processing equipment or making parts for others, Midwest Metalcraft’s dedication to superior quality is second to none. Using state of the art equipment along with 81 years of design knowledge, MMC gives their customers the quality and innovation that returns profits to their bottom line. MMC has recently expanded its millwright services to include installation, repairs, and rebuilding not only their equipment, but also others.
Located in Windsor, Missouri, Midwest Metalcraft taps into Midwestern work ethic. We combine that with craftsman that truly care to bring you the best quality in every product that they produce. this gives our customers Midwest Value whether servicing the Midwest or shipping our products worldwide.
Cindy Garretson, President & CEO
1200 East Boonville Street, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-827-3460 | Fax: 660-826-1570
In 1973, Missouri Pressed Metals started production of manufactured sintered metal bearings, bushings and structural parts made to customer specifications from powdered iron and bronze. They were housed in a 10,000 square foot building, operating with three presses and a staff of five.
They encompass 40,000 square feet, with 75 production presses and over 60 employees. The Company became ISO Certified in 2000.
Missouri Pressed Metals produces powdered metal bearings for various industries including fractional and sub-fractional horsepower motor manufacturers. The motor bearings are used in household appliances, power tools, automotive and lawn and garden equipment.
Other applications include farm equipment such as combines, tractors and planters and office machines such as copiers, computers and printers. Parts are also manufactured for garage door openers, fitness equipment, gaming machines, power seats and windows, windshield wiper motors and starters for domestic and foreign automobiles.
In 2008 Dan Brandt, Steve Goss, and Amy Harding-Mullins, who were employees of the company, purchased the business and renamed it Neat Tooling Solutions. Unfortunately, Steve passed away in 2010.
Neat Tooling Solutions is a local manufacturer of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, stampings and special machines.
The original business was founded in February 1987 a family owned corporation. Dan and Amy now own the business and have continued their goal of growing the business. These two individuals are the true persona of our great nation in that you can realize your dreams. Starting off as employees, they now own the business.
They currently have 12 employees. Neat Tooling Solutions service local manufacturers as well as customers all over the world.
They service most of the local manufacturers including Stanley Black & Decker, Gardner Denver, Maxion, Duke Manufacturing, WireCo World Group, General Cable, Pittsburgh Corning, Starline Brass, and Enersys to name a few, from their one location at 1201 West Henry Street.
Brenda Eicholz, Owner Fred Grindley, General Manager
5875 East Highway 50, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Neet Products is one of the oldest and largest manufacturers of archery accessories in the US.
Leroy and Judy Young started the company when they began making few items for friends in their garage. Their daughter Brenda currently owns and operates the business, which has grown into one of the leading suppliers of archery accessories in the United States and overseas. Neet Products still do all of their manufacturing here in the US unlike most sewing operations. With more than 3,000 catalogued items and an annual average of 30 to 40 employees, they have more than 100 export accounts.
Neet Products is an official supplier for the U.S. Archery Team, the Canadian Junior/Cadet Archery Team , Scholastic 3D Archery and the National Archery In The Schools Program.
Neet Products won the “Sharp” award with the US Department of Labor, and was recognized as the first in the state of Missouri to meet the safety and Health Standards in the Workplace recognition.
The Neet management team consists of Owner Brenda Eicholz and General Manager Fred Griendly.
The Neet Products factory is located at 5875 East Highway 50 in Sedalia and currently has 33 employees.
Stephen Phillips, Plant Manager
2700 West 16th Street, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-826-4660 | Fax: 660-826-6573
Pittsburgh Corning Corporation has been manufacturing quality products in Sedalia, Missouri since 1947. The community of Sedalia, its people, its resources and industries provide a great base for the many years of success Pittsburgh Corning has experienced.
FOAMGLAS® Cellular Glass Insulation, manufactured by Pittsburgh Corning, is the dominant cellular glass insulation product throughout the world. The principal competition for Pittsburgh Corning comes from other products, which can be substituted for cellular glass insulation in some applications as well as off-shore cellular glass manufacturers. Pittsburgh Corning has continuously made process and equipment changes to improve the value of its product, including maintaining ISO 9001 registration and embarking on a “Lean transformation” in 2006.
This commitment has enabled Pittsburgh Corning to maintain stable employment levels for its 175 employees.
Pittsburgh Corning will continue to utilize the local resources of the Sedalia community, such as the dependable workers, contractors, and suppliers, while seeking new ways to contribute to the economic growth and development of the area.
Since 1946, Parkhurst Manufacturing has been manufacturing high quality truck bodies and truck equipment in Sedalia, Missouri. William R. Parkhurst founded the company on a simple philosophy, “build a quality product at an affordable price with customer service top priority”. Those values continue to influence the direction of the company today. The team at Parkhurst still does business on a handshake and focuses on serving its customers better than anyone else in the industry.
Parkhurst’s extensive line of truck bodies and truck equipment includes heavy -duty platform bodies, lumber bodies, crane bodies, stack rack bodies, grain bodies, contractor bodies, landscape bodies, 2-3 yard dump bodies, truck body hoists, and a variety of custom applications. Recently, Parkhurst introduced a 3-point bale unroller to its agriculture product line. With distributors across the United States and Canada, along with a distribution warehouse in Indianapolis, Indiana, the Parkhurst brand is well-represented throughout North America.
Currently, Parkhurst has 21 employees and operates in a 151,000 square foot building in Sedalia, Missouri. As the company grows, it plans to hire new employees, design and manufacture new products, and expand into new geographic markets-while continuing to serve as a vital economic engine for the Sedalia-Pettis County community as it has for over 70 years.
Jeff Nusser, Manager
2910 W. Broadway Blvd., Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-826-8144 | Fax: 660-826-2755
The Pepsi Cola Bottling Co. manufactures and distributes Pepsi products in the Sedalia area and 14 Missouri counties.
Pepsi Bottling has been a part of the Sedalia community since 1939 and currently has 73 employees at it’s Sedalia plant.
PlaySmart was founded in July, 1993 in Belton, Missouri. After two years they outgrew their facilities and the owners at that time the weaver family, moved the company to Sedalia. The decision to move to Sedalia was based on good shipping access, high quality work force, lower costs and a higher quality of life. PlaySmart was sold to Illinois Signal Communications in 2004 and has expanded its sales worldwide. Manufacturing the most unique, high quality, soft contained playground systems for children available.
PlaySmart takes pride in producing a totally American made product and is an industry leader in innovative, unique designs that are fun and safe for children and is totally dedicated to creating playgrounds that give owners a competitive edge.
PlaySmart looks forward to growing along with the continued success of the soft playground industry. The next stage of PlaySmart’s product development will involve production of playgrounds that focus on the educational, as well as the personal growth of children.
PlaySmart is located at 107 North Missouri in Sedalia and has 6 employees.
Kerry Blevins, Manager
2500 West Main Street, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Praxair Distribution’s Sedalia location began in business in 1951 as Ed’s Welding Supply. Later it was purchased by EWS. Kirk Welding purchased the company in 2001. The latest purchase was by Praxair Distribution in April 2008.
PDI is Praxair Distribution Inc., nearly 4,500 employees who form the North American distribution arm of Praxair, Inc. PDI is a Praxair subsidiary with its own management team and its own business strategy.
Through its more than 470 stores, cylinder-filling plants, warehouses and its many independent distributor channels, PDI is Praxair’s direct channel for delivering welding, cutting, specialty and medical gases in cylinders, small cryogenic containers and mini-bulk, beverage carbonation services and dry ice, technical expertise and hard goods to more than 430,000 customers in the U.S. and Canada.
Praxair Distribution in Sedalia renovated the parking lot and completed a remodeling in 2006.
Praxair Distribution Incorporated currently has 7 employees in Sedalia.
The company is located at 2500 West Main Street in Sedalia.
Bill Reed, Owner
800 Market St
Sedalia, MO, 65301
Precision Manufacturing is a metal fabrication company. They are best known for producing the Hy-Reach Clipper, which was invented in 1992. The Hy-Reach Clipper was developed to solve the age-old problem of trimming hard to reach tree branches and limbs, as well as brush. The design was made to eliminate the unsafe practice of trimming limbs with a chain saw from a loader bucket or ladder.
P & W Manufacturing was started by John Parkhurst and the clipper was originally built in an unheated barn in Hughesville, Missouri. The company later moved into a new, modern facility in Sedalia.
In January 2002, Precision Manufacturing acquired the assets of P & W Engineering. All employees were retained and continue to produce the Hy-Reach clipper. Precision Manufacturing uses only the finest quality raw material and produces the majority of its components in house.
The clipper is used by professionals in addition to the many satisfied landowners. The Hy-Reach clipper has been used to clear hundreds of acres of land for golf courses and other development. Several Federal, State, County and City maintenance departments own and use the Hy-Reach Clipper, which has been patented in three different countries.
Precision Manufacturing now has 12 employees.
Started in 1984, PrintLynx is a leading full service printing company. PrintLynx has an experienced staff that includes customer service, sales, managers, press, pre-press, bindery and mailing services.
Jeff Canon, Founder
2031 Adams Road, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-829-5100 | Fax: 660-839-1160
Jeff Canon founded ProEnergy in 2002 in response to a growing need within the energy industry for innovative, cost-effective service and equipment options. Today, ProEnergy plans, builds, operates and maintains power plants all over the world.
ProEnergy relocated its corporate headquarters to Sedalia in early 2006. In 2008, they completed construction of a 24,000 square foot corporate building and a 60,000 square foot fabrication facility. A 53,000 square foot gas turbine component repair shop was added in 2009, followed by a 167,000 square foot gas turbine overhaul and packaging facility and 225,000 square foot parts and equipment warehouse.
The state-of-the-art Aero Depot and Component Repair Facility were designed specifically for gas turbine engine overhauls and package re manufacturing.
Other US offices are located in Houston, Texas and Fort Collins, Colorado. In addition, ProEnergy has worked in over 40 countries and has international offices in Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Pakistan and Angola.
The Sedalia plant of General Cable began operations on July 23, 1968 as Olin Conductors and was acquired by Alcan Cable in November of 1979. In 2012, the Alcan division was sold to General Cable. In June of this year, the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry, Prysmian, acquired General Cable bringing the company’s total workforce to over 21,000 globally.
The Sedalia Facility currently employs 175 people and primarily manufactures aluminum building wire products for commercial and institutional construction markets. As a recognized supplier of wire and cable in North America, the Sedalia facility is responsive to the needs of its many customers, which include electrical distributors and contractors.
To remain competitive in the marketplace, the local plant is continually upgrading to the latest state-of-the-art equipment and expanding its buildings. In 2007 they added a 100,000+ square foot facility to the existing 280,000 square foot structures. They are located on 63+ acres between Sedalia and Dresden and are an integral part of Sedalia and Pettis County.
Throughout its history, the Sedalia Plant has emphasized the importance of safety, quality and housekeeping in its daily operations and is committed to total quality improvements as a way of life.
Jason Swift, Distribution Center Manager
2700 S Limit, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Founded in 1982, QC Supply, offers thousands of brand names and a wide variety of products for agriculture, poultry, livestock and commercial use, as well as hard-to-find products. QC Supply also has its own, patented line of clothing (Five Rock), fans (Durafan) and heaters (Scorpion). Customers return to QC for in-house technical support experts trained in a wide variety of products. These experts are able to answer technical questions, aid customers in product selection and support after the sale. This level of customer assistance is a primary differentiator from competitors.
Opening a new distribution center in Sedalia will put QC Supply nearer to some of its major clients.
Myrna Ragar, Owner
148 South Limit
Sedalia, MO, 65301
Myrna Ragar, owner of Ragar Banners by Design and co-owner of Art & Graphic Innovations, LLC has been an artist as long as she can remember. In 1982, Myrna opened Ragar Banners.
Ragar Banners knows that the visual impact created by colorful street banners, table coverings, fabric hangings and flags is unequaled by any other art medium. They also provide printed products – posters, brochures, flyers, booklets, post cards and other promotional products to businesses and organizations.
The graphics professionals at Ragar Banners combine an artistic approach with years of experience. They are dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction from design through delivery. Myrna creates original designs, or takes the customer’s idea and creates a design that “fits” the business or individual.
Ragar Banner products can be seen across the United States (and also overseas) in cities, colleges, universities, churches, restaurants, theme parks, zoos, malls and many other places.
In addition, Myrna is widely known for her portraits of homes, businesses, churches and historical sites. Ragar Banners currently has 4 employees.
Signal Wiring and Materials for the Railroad Industry
Our vision at RCL Wiring is to provide the industry with a state-of-the-art Signal Shop. A shop that demonstrates the highest level of professionalism through quality service, support, reliability and integrity. A shop that sets the standard in the railroad industry by creating finished products that exceed expectations. A facility where all Signal Shop issues are managed as a team, in an safe, effective and efficient manner. Where support is ongoing with defined processes that are technically strong. A shop that leads the industry with innovative programs and utilizes available technologies to maximize its effectiveness. A shop that earns its employees and customers trust and confidence. A shop where each employee has a sense of ownership and pride.
With facilities in Sedalia, MO no job is too big or too small. RCL Wiring can offer complete material packages for your Highway-Rail Grade Crossing, Wayside Signal and Defect Detector projects. RCL Wiring can make your projects run smoother by providing all your installation material in one package. We can deliver you a completely wired signal cabin, per your specifications complete with all supporting material right to your job site. RCL Wiring can control all aspects of your material needs from procurement, warehousing, wiring, testing and transportation. The large volume of material that we handle annually translates to great savings for our customers. With our competitive pricing, let us provide all of your material requirements.
Save time and money through efficient warehouse processes. Maximize the efficiency of your receipt and shipment of goods, optimize warehouse space utilization and know at all times exactly where your goods are stored. Our MRP systems will allow us to meet your short and long term material requirements because of our business management experience in the industry. With our 107 employees which average over 25 years of industry experience, we can save your company time and money through efficient warehouse processes.
Because of our large volume of in house inventory we can meet your material needs in a timely manner. This volume allows us to meet both your scheduled and casualty material requirements. RCL wiring will manage all aspects of your transportation logistics, providing solutions for your transportation needs.
RCL Wiring can offer complete material packages for your Highway-Rail Grade Crossing, Wayside Signal and Defect Detector projects
Will Weibert, Publisher
700 S. Massachusetts, Sedalia, Mo, 65301
The Sedalia Democrat, founded in 1868, is Sedalia’s only daily newspaper. Located at 700 South Massachusetts, the 23,000 square foot facility prints and distributes over 12,000 papers daily through the efforts of 100 employees and 80 carriers. They also serve 35,000 online readers with their website.
In addition to the daily newspaper, the Sedalia Democrat prints two weekly products, The Plainsman Weekly News and the Whiteman AFB Warrior. The Democrat has a large commercial printing operation that prints a variety of publications in Missouri and Kansas.
The Sedalia Democrat has 45 employees, which includes a newsroom of 8.
Rodney Walters, General Manager
1400 Sedalia Road, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-826-7230 | Fax: 660-827-3453
Ernie and Theresia May began “May Tool” in Kansas City 51 years ago. In 1980 the May’s created their second company, Sedalia Tool & Manufacturing Company. They built and started their new company at 1400 Sedalia Road in Sedalia.
Over the next 35 years, Sedalia Tool & Manufacturing Company helped fulfill the needs of many local manufacturing companies here in Sedalia. Sedalia Tool provides Tool and Die building, Maintenance and Repair, Special Tooling & Fixtures, Welding, CNC Production Machining and heat treating. Our Sedalia location has a 10,000 sq. ft. facility with over 30 machines (9 CNC). But one of STM’s greatest assets and the reason for its success is due to their long term dedicated and loyal employees. STM has earned reputation for High Quality and Excellent Customer Service.
Today Sedalia Tool & Manufacturing Company has 14 employees with 1 of which is Employee #2. These 14 employees represent 206 years of experience.
Stace Anderson, President
113 E. 3rd Street, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Septagon’s roots date back to the mid-1940′s and a single general contracting company in Missouri. Over the years, the original owner brought on partners who then recruited and developed a management/ownership team to carry the vision forward.
Septagon is now in its fourth generation of ownership, and has greatly expanded its marketplace and talent pool through the creation and purchase of additional general contracting companies. Entries into construction management and real estate development have diversified the Septagon interests and positioned the conglomerate for growth throughout the 21st century. Septagon’s corporate office is located in Sedalia.
Show Me Fabrication is located in the central Missouri area. It is backed by years of experience in trailer manufacturing. Company President, John D. Hammons, established himself in the trailer manufacturing market by working in the industry for several years before starting Show Me Fabrication Incorporated.
Show Me Fabrication specializes in the manufacturing of concession trailers, ticket booths, Funhouses and Glasshouses that are used in fairs, carnivals, festivals and sporting events throughout the United States. They also have a line of bunk trucks, and stock trucks, toter homes, and race car trailers.
Each unit is custom designed and built to fit the needs and wants of customers and always with an eye on affordability. The units can be designed and built as a shell, or as elaborate as a customer wishes. Built-in features, such as food preparation equipment, are made to order and units can be designed to handle any specific requirements. All of the units are designed for easy set-up, disassembly, and transportation.
1990 – Located to Sedalia
150 Full Time Employees
Sierra Bullets, known as “The Bulletsmiths” began in 1947 in a garage in southern California with 3 employees making rivet sets for the aircraft industry. By 1951 they concentrated entirely on bullets, forgetting the rivets. In 1969, Bob Hayden joined Sierra as Manager of Operations and led the company through years of tremendous growth while expanding Sierra’s product offering. In December 2011 Bob passed the reins over to Patrick Daly. After nine years serving as the company's President, Daly passed the reins to Keith Enlow. Enlow brings more than 25 years of executive leadership experience serving in roles in the commercial, military and law enforcement markets. Enlow stepped into the role of the company's President in August of 2020.
In 1990, Sierra left its Santa Fe Springs factory and moved to the Sedalia area, building one of the industries most advanced bullet manufacturing facilities. The facility includes a tool and die shop, metallurgical laboratory, and a 300 meter underground test range for accuracy testing. Without, Sierra would not be able to conduct the accuracy testing necessary to meet its stringent quality control requirements.
On April 11, 2012, Patrick Daly, President/General Manager, announced a ONE MILLION DOLLAR machinery and business expansion. They have added 15 new employees and 3 new pieces of equipment. Two are bullet assembly presses and one is a state-of-the-art laser measurement device for true spc on the factory floor.
Their product line now offers 172 retail bullets sold in outlets in nearly every country where we are allowed to sell. They also make another 48 custom bullets for ammunition manufacturers around the world. Additionally, they sell 19 other products including world class ballistics software, reloading manuals, and how-to videos.
For over 60 years Sierra Bullets has been dedicated to the manufacture of the most accurate bullets in the world. This commitment to performance has established a “Tradition of Precision” for which Sierra “The Bulletsmiths” is known throughout the world.
Chris Squires, Owner
1616 West Main St., Sedalia, MO, 65301
SMC located in Sedalia in 1986 as a wholesale distributor of electrical supplies and equipment. The company now handles eight distinct product categories. In addition to electrical equipment they specialize in factory automation, voice-data, security, cutting tools & metal working, fluid power, safety and general industrial supplies.
Primary customers served are electrical, data-com and security contractors and installers; industrial manufacturers and machine shops; electrical utilities and power generation; and commercial/institutional facilities such as hospitals, colleges and school districts.
the Sedalia branch is 1 of 4 main hubs in a 14 branch network. The other hubs are located in Springfield, Joplin and Cape Girardeau MO. The Sedalia facility provides direct service to customers in Pettis, Benton, Lafayette, Cooper, Morgan and Moniteau counties and also provides sales and inventory support for the SMC branches in Marshall, Warrensburg, Chillicothe, Belton and Columbia.
SMC is located at 1616 W Main and employs 19 in Sedalia.
Steve Smith, Owner
820 East Third St., Sedalia, MO, 65301
Steve Smith began his company, Smith Signs, in Sedalia in 1981. The company works with all types of signage. They provide vinyl lettering, vinyl wraps, decals, banners, and plastic letters.
All of their designs are originals or faithful duplication's of your existing logo. If you are tired of your signs looking like every other sign in this town, give them a call. They can create a look that fits your business.
Today the company is located at 820 East Third in Sedalia.
Brett Fox, Plant Manager
1500 Waterloo Drive/PO Box 1501, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-826-0960 | Fax: 660-827-0698
Stanley Black & Decker, a manufacturer of tool storage and organizational products expanded to Sedalia in 1978. They are located in the Sedalia Industrial Park at 1500 Waterloo Drive. Currently Stanley Black & Decker has 580 employees.
Stanley Black & Decker manufactures for many major customers in the United States including Sears, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Kmart, W.W. Grainger, John Deere and many other major tool storage users and merchandisers. Internationally, Waterloo deals with Canadian Tire, Sears Canada, Wal-Mart Canada and several other distributers in Europe.
Stanley Black & Decker manufactures a full line of tool chests, roller cabinets, garage storage, and other organizational products.
Stanley Black & Decker prides itself in a safe and clean work environment, community involvement, quality products and employee satisfaction.
Stanley Black & Decker is a division of Fortune Brands. They are the largest manufacturers of tool storage products in the world. Stanley deals with many major customers in the United States including Sears, Lowe’s, Kmart, W.W. Grainger, John Deere and many other major tool storage users and merchandisers. Internationally, Stanley deals with Canadian Tire and Kyoto Tool. Stanley manufactures a full line of tool chests, roller cabinets, and tool boxes. Stanley also manufactures power tool stands, work benches, and a broad line of plastic tool boxes and storage containers. Stanley has two manufacturing plants. They are large enough to have state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, yet small enough to react quickly to customer needs. Put Waterloo’s total quality commitment and automation to work for you.
In 2011 Stanley was recognized for its excellent safety record, with 3 million work hours completed without a single lost time injury or illness over the course of 3 years. EDSPC congratulates Stanley Black & Decker on this significant accomplishment.
Barbara Hayden, Owner
1300 West Henry Street
Sedalia, MO, 65301
Starline Brass was founded in 1976, in Covina, California by Robert Hayden and Frank Snow, to fill a void in the handgun brass industry. The company began with a single 38 Special cartridge case. Today, Starline manufacturers the finest unprimed custom handgun brass for many of the best ammunition makers in the world, as well as local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
In 1992, Starline relocated to its new state-of-the-art 27,500 square foot facility in Sedalia and is now, with its central location offering high quality products factory-direct to the public.
The Missouri location, coupled with a brand new 28,000 sq. ft. building and an environmentally sound waste water treatment plant on site, enables Starline to better meet its customer needs.
Starline’s careful attention to detail and commitment to product uniformity guarantees brass that is second-to-none. Only the finest raw materials are used in Starline’s manufacturing process.
Combined with a variety of testing procedures and controls, the quality of the finished product is consistently high and surpasses the expectations of the customer. By combining modern manufacturing techniques, lower overhead, and a very efficient distribution network, Starline offers the highest quality product at a very competitive price.
The company completed a 3-phrase building project addition to the current Starline Brass facility at 1300 West Henry completed the summer of 2008.
In 2012, Starline announced another 15,000 square foot expansion and and underground storm shelter. This latest expansion, scheduled to be completed in mid-November will bring Starline to a 48,811 square foot facility and this additional expansion will bring Starline to 56 employees.
Additionally, in 2012 Barbara Hayden received the Governor’s Minority or Woman-Owned Small Business of the year award. This award is presented to a business that ha demonstrated outstanding success by the contributions made to communities and the economy, and maintains a responsible and rewarding workplace environment.
In 2015, Starline had yet another expansion. This would make it the 5th building expansion in the last six years. Starline purchased seven acres on the east side of the existing plant. The expansion would triple the size of the parking lot, remodel the office, added three new offices, doubled the size of the shipping and finished goods area, and doubled the size of the lunch room. It also expanded the production/warehouse area by some 4,000 square feet. All this expansion was done on the east side of the plant at a cost of 1.7 million dollars.
Starline now employs more than 80 people and the total footage of the plant is over 50,000 square feet.
Starline’s latest expansion was to support their new product line to manufacture cartridge cases. They now offer the general public 84 different hand gun cartridge cases and the 13 new rifle cartridge cases.
Jake & Erica Jacobi, Owners
118 N. Lamine, Sedalia, Mo, 65301
State Fair Moving and Storage has represented North American Van Lines in Sedalia, Missouri since 1948.
They provide North American Van Lines Household Moving and Storage Services, as well as Motor Freight and are a LTL Carrier.
State Fair Moving and Storage is a major service provider for our military at Whiteman Air Force Base, along with Fort Leavenworth and Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, providing moving services for both National and International moving.
They have 3 warehouses in Sedalia, Missouri with offices located at 118 North Lamine Avenue. They currently have 18 full-time employees.
State Fair Moving & Storage is owned and operated by Jake and Erica and has been owned by the Jacobi family since 1986.
Bill Stribling, President
107 Curry Drive, Sedalia, Mo, 65301
Stribling Incorporated located to Sedalia in 1998. The company manufactures and distributes corrugated packaging and related accessories for customers in the Pettis County area.
Stribling Inc. is located at 107 Curry Drive in the Thompson Meadows Industrial Park. They built and occupy a 72,000 square foot facility.
The Sedalia facility is part of Stribling Packaging, which is headquartered in Rogers, Arkansas.
Stribling Packaging provides packaging to several companies located in the Pettis County area. Their largest customer is Tyson Foods.
Dan Tallman, President
1400 North Missouri Ave., Sedalia, MO, 65301
The Tallman Company located in Sedalia in 1951. The company is a wholesale distributor of electrical, plumbing, and heating supplies.
Tallman is located at 1400 North Missouri Avenue in Sedalia and has 15 employees.
TMS International is the leading provider of onsite, industrial steel mill services for steelmakers around the country. The Sedalia facility is co-located with Nucor Steel Sedalia Rebar Mill.
Allen Johnston, Complex Manager
22851 Hwy T/PO Box 1058, Sedalia, MO, 65302-1058
Phone: 660-826-9991 | Fax: 660-827-8585
Tyson Foods, Inc. began as a vision in the 1930’s. Founder John Tyson loaded 500 Arkansas spring chickens into crates and drove them from northwest Arkansas to Chicago. There he sold them for a profit of $235.
Today, Tyson Foods is the largest protein provider in the U.S. and abroad, and employs more than 110,000 team members.
Tyson is proud to be working in and around Sedalia and Pettis County. With experienced leadership and intuitive marketing foresight, Tyson Foods is poised to lead the industry in this new century. As consumers demand more healthful and innovative food products, Tyson Foods Inc. will be here, in Sedalia and Pettis Co., providing your families with value added meal solutions.
Tyson Foods, Inc. purchased the Sedalia facility from Louis Rich in 1993. The complex employs more than 1600 employees and the 469,000 square foot production facility produced over 341 million pounds of finished goods in FY13.
In addition, Tyson contracts with 125 family farmers within an approximate 60 mile radius of the facility.
The complex purchased over 377 million pounds of corn and over 143 million pounds of soy beans from area farms which is used to make poultry feed. That number looks to increase for 2014. The feed is delivered daily with their own fleet of trucks to the family farms.
Weekly this facility brings in an additional 1 million pounds of wings to cook from other Tyson facilities, exports 2.5 million pounds of raw dark meat, and produces 3.5 million pounds of market ready Fully Cooked products.
As Pettis County’s largest employer Tyson has an annual payroll of more than $54 million and donated in excess of $200,000 locally last year.
Further showing Tyson Foods commitment to Sedalia and Pettis County, the company has invested more than $26 million capital dollars towards the growth and expansion of the Sedalia Complex over the last 24 months
Tyson Foods produces over 5,000 products at 112 locations in the U.S. and abroad, and employs more than 60,000 team members. The company is the world’s largest poultry producer with annual production equal to that of Japan and Great Britain combined, and one of the leading producers of hogs in the U.S. They rank 225 on the Fortune 500. Tyson is proud to be working in and around Sedalia. With experienced leadership and intuitive marketing foresight, Tyson Foods is poised to lead the industry in this new century. Our team members know that as consumers demand more healthful and innovative food products, it remains our mandate to provide all your family deserves.
Founded in 1923, Vance Brothers has become a multi-faceted corporation in the construction industry. Vance Brothers manufactures and supplies liquid asphalts, paving mixes, pavement maintenance products and sports coatings.
Vance Brothers also has a contracting division that offers slurry seal, micro surfacing, chip seal, undersealing, paving fabric installation and crack-sealing.
In 2009, Vance Brothers assumed operations of the asphalt emulsion plant located at 1414 West Morgan in Sedalia, and is celebrating its 35th year of operation.
Philip White is the plant manager and Mike DeGraff is the liquid asphalt sales representative for Sedalia covering the entire state of Missouri and Southern Iowa. The Sedalia plant has 3-4 people throughout the year.
Gary A. McMullin, Owner
202 Industrial Drive | Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-826-3705 | Fax: 660-827-4183
W & M Welding, Inc. started in 1963 as a one man walk-in welding shop by owner & founder, Wayne McMullin.
Over the past 50 years, W & M Welding has grown with its customers and the community and now offers many services.
- Welding Services
- Crane & Cartage Service
- Industrial plant maintenance services
- Construction Services
- Steel Fabrication & Erection Services
- Agri-Services (Full line distributor of all grain equipment & installation)
- Complete Machine Shop
- Full Service Distribution of all your Material needs (steel, aluminum, brass, bronze, etc.)
W & M Welding has a complete staff of certified personnel from Welding to Crane Operators to serve your needs. And still to this day will take care of all walk-in welding needs no matter how big or small they are.
W & M Welding, Inc. was bought in January of 2002 by Gary McMullin who then bought the facility at 202 Industrial Drive & moved W & M Welding to its new location.
Gary has the same commitment that W & M Welding has always had in serving its customers & the community. He has been with the company for 27 years now and is committed to serving the customers for many years to come.
Kristy & Kevin Long, Owners
34751 Miller Road
Smithton, MO, 65350
Wildlife Ridge Winery started out as a dream, and turned into a reality March 1st, 2013. Kevin and I are avid wine drinkers, and have enjoyed visiting wineries throughout Missouri. As our love for wine grew, we decided to build a 3.5 acre lake on our 98 acre farm, along with a facility for wine tastings, wine and gift sales. As we start our new venture we will be purchasing all our grapes from other Missouri vineyards and then start the planting process of our own small vineyard in late 2014 or 2015. Once our vines become mature we will then start harvesting our own grapes as well as still purchase others.
If you are looking for a place to taste some great wine, join us at Wildlife Ridge Winery, conveniently located 14 miles South of Sedalia, MO. in Pettis County at the intersection of State Routes V & M in the little town of Bahner with a Smithton address. Our facility is fully ADA compliant; there are no steps or steep inclines to deal with so come out and enjoy yourself.
Wildlife Ridge Winery offers a vast array of delicious wines, straight from the vines of ripe Missouri grapes. These wines are bottled right here in Missouri and are ready for you to enjoy beside our 3.5 acre lake, or for you to take home and enjoy at your dinner party.
“Wining” is not only allowed it is a requirement at Wildlife Ridge.
OPEN YEAR ROUND
Mark Blankenship, Plant Manager
303 Curry Drive, Sedalia, MO, 65301
Phone: 660-827-3131 | Fax: 660-827-5717
WireCo WorldGroup Distribution Center – In August of 2009, WireCo WorldGroup announced the relocation of their Chicago, Illinois based distribution center to Sedalia into a 50,000 square foot facility owned by Ditzfeld Transfer at 303 Curry Drive, Thompson Meadows Industrial Park, Sedalia.
In November of 2011, WireCo announced the relocation of their International distribution center located in Hahira, Georgia facility to their Sedalia facility. To do so, they required an additional 53,312 square foot expansion to the facility bringing it to a total of 102,562 square foot facility.
WireCo WorldGroup distributes their high carbon wire rope direct to consumers and also through a network of distributors in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, South America, Africa, Australia, and Asia.
WireCo WorldGroup has been synonymous with surface and underground mining, oil and gas drilling lines, logging ropes, aircraft arresting cables, cable car trolley ropes, ski lifts ropes, elevator ropes, and many other ropes in the construction and marine industries.
With their corporate headquarters in Kansas City, WireCo World Group is the largest manufacturer of wire rope and synthetic rope in the World.
Today WireCo employs 20 at the Sedalia distribution facility.
Mark Blankenship, Mfg. Plant Manager
24150 Oak Grove Lane/PO Box 844, Sedalia, MO, 65302-0844
WireCo WorldGroup Manufacturing Plant – In 1979 WireCo World Group located in Sedalia at 24150 Oak Grove Lane, Sedalia.
In 2008 WireCo announced a 185,000 square foot expansion to their 218,465 square foot facility, located on 39 acres.
WireCo World Group, incorporated as Wire Rope Corporation of America Broderick & Bascom Division manufactures high carbon wire rope in diameters 3/16” through 5”. Assemblies from wire rope, with special end fittings are fabricated for various applications. The company’s “YELLOW STRAND” trademark products are sold direct to consumers and through a network of warehouses and distributors in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Asia.
The company, a manufacturing and service oriented company has over 50 field representatives who assist customers with application requirements.
Broderick & Bascom and Yellow Strand have been synonymous with surface and underground mining, oil/gas, logging aircraft arresting, cable cars, ski lifts, elevators, construction equipment, marine and many others.
Founded in 1876 in St. Louis, the company moved to Sedalia in 1979. They were sold in 1983 and in 1999 sold again to Wire Rope Corporation.
With their corporate headquarters in Kansas City, WireCo World Group is the largest manufacturer of wire rope in North America.
Today WireCo employs 213 at the Sedalia facility.
WiseCo Machine is a full service production machine shop. We offer a complete line of products and services, specializing in heavy machine work, Lathe, Milling, Thread rolling, and Centerless Grinding. We can produce machine parts in virtually any configuration, using ferrous and non-ferrous materials. We specialize in shafts, precision pins, rollers, and threaded shafts (including acme rolled shafts). We appreciate a challenge, and we will work with you to solve all your machining intricacies. Our quality control process guarantees reliability and safety. All of our work is 100% guaranteed.
Our skilled and innovative employees have years of experience. Our facility is clean and efficient, and our equipment is technologically advanced. We offer competitive pricing, and we are pleased to offer volume discounts. We pride ourselves on our service, and we promise to deliver the highest quality goods at the best possible prices. We are committed to delivering our work with speed, courtesy, and reliability.
Zephyr Manufacturing Company was founded in 1927 as a manufacturer of broomcorn brooms. Since then, this closely held family corporation has expanded into all types of institutional cleaning tools. Zephyr, located at 200 Mitchell Road in Sedalia, produces over 35 primary product groups totaling over 2,000 individual items that are distributed throughout the United States and for export.
Many raw material and component parts are imported from Mexico, Western Europe, Central America and Asia. Zephyr products are only sold to wholesalers.
Zephyr’s sales are accomplished with independent sales representatives and distributors. Key markets include: janitorial suppliers, paper suppliers, institutional grocers, hardware wholesalers and convenience stores.
Zephyr currently has 40 employees.
Recently Zephyr acquired the assets and customer list of a competitor in Arkansas. This acquisition gave Zephyr the capability to produce a household corn broom right here in Sedalia. This is an exciting addition to Zephyr’s product offering since most corn broom production in North America is done in Mexico.
Zephyr takes great pride in being an 90 year old, fourth generation, family owned company that still manufactures over 70% of their products in America.